Cookies policy DUVEL MOORTGAT
1. What is a cookie?
Cookies are either: i) session specific, which means that they are deleted from your computer once the session and browser are closed; or ii) permanent, meaning that they will remain resident on your computer until they are removed.
2. What cookies does the duvel-website use?
Duvel websites uses both session and permanent cookies. Duvel uses any of the following groups of cookies:
- Functional – Process cookies help make a website function and deliver the services that the user expects to receive, such as navigation, access to secure areas, etc. These cookies are necessary and without them the website will not function properly, f.e. Preference cookies to allow a website to remember the preferences in relation to the website such as language, region, age, etc. These cookies are not vital but enhance users experience.
- Performance cookies collect information about how the user interacts with a website. This may include the pages user visits most often, his activity on the website and how often he returns.
- Targeting cookies such as Social sharing cookies – Duvel contains social buttons that allow our customers to share products through social networks such as Facebook. If user clicks on a social media button, most will set a third-party cookie e.g. Facebook etc. For more information: http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/
3. Your consent with respect to cookies
User consent is not required for the delivery of those cookies which are strictly necessary to provide services requested by the user (Strictly Necessary Cookies).
On the other hand, user consent is required for the other cookies: Performance Cookies, Functional Cookies, Targeting cookies.
The use of these cookies need a valid, freely given, specific, informed and active consent.
Implied consent is no longer sufficient. Consent must be given through a clear affirmative action, such as clicking an opt-in box or choosing settings or preferences on a settings menu. Simply visiting the Duvel website doesn’t count as consent.
‘By using this site, you accept cookies’ messages are also not sufficient for the same reasons. If there is no genuine and free choice, then there is no valid consent. Therefore, Duvel makes it possible for the user to both accept or reject cookies.
This means: It must be as easy to withdraw consent as it is to give it.
Duvel provides an opt-out option. Even after getting valid consent, Duvel gives people the option to change their mind.